Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thanks for visiting us girls...

I was in Tokyo again the last 2 days. I was lucky to have managed to accomplish a lot of things.

DAY 1
We (Yuuko, Julia, Lorena and I) left Utsunomiya early in the morning and when we arrived in Tokyo, we split up. Julia only has a few more days left here and wanted to make the most of them, so Lorena and Julia went to Ikebukuro Sunshine City whilst Yuuko and I did our thing. Started by dropping our luggage off at James’ place in Shinjuku and then went for lunch at this authentic Vietnamese Restaurant and we had ‘All-you-can-eat’!!! The food was not too bad but as with all, “All-you-can-eat’ restaurants you tend to indulge yourself and eat way too much. Anyway after that, Yuuko and I went to get our hair done. I got a well needed treatment and extensions!!! My hair is so long now but I like it hehe I think Julia is planning to get some too now..I can’t wait to see how it looks on her. After our haircut, we met up with James and Ivy and went shopping crazy again. Seriously when my brother is around I have no control what-so-ever. I bought another 5 pairs of shoes to add to the 4 I bought last week and bought a heap of clothes too…arghh…. Honestly, I’m not like this usually…especially when I shop with Jeremy. I think the reason is because I’m really indecisive, but when James is around he helps make decisions for me. Anyway after our shopping spree, we met up with the girls for Yakitori again. It was their first time and they totally loved it!!! =)



DAY 2
I woke up late unlike usual. James, Ivy and I went shopping again in Shibuya and then walked to Daikanyama. We wanted to eat at this Tofu restaurant but unfortunately it was closed so we ate at the restaurant next door which was crap. It was my first time to Daikanyama so it was quite exciting for me.


Nice and purple togetherMr. Friendly hehe

I was surprised that it was so close to Shibuya yet it was quite deserted. I like it there, it’s quiet and peaceful yet with enough small boutiques selling unique things to do shopping to keep you occupied and small cafes and restaurants to relax and have a meal. Stayed in Daikanyama until Julia and Lorena arrived at like 5pm, this was to be our last meet up. We walked around a bit and then found our way to this little latte art cafĂ©. I loved it there, the drinks were great and there was live music too!! The girl singing and playing the piano there, Tomomi, she was so good I bought 3 of her CD’s hehe…



my cappucinoJules and I with Tomomi

After that, we said ‘BYE BYE TO JULIA AND LORENA’ and headed back to Shinjuku to pack our stuff and James and Ivy followed me home to Utsunomiya where we met up with my other half back home. We were starving and so we had gyoza, fried rice and ramen for our very late dinner downstairs.



Thanks for comingCool seaweed


James pigging out on fried rice and gyozas

James and Ivy will be spending perhaps 2 nights here before heading back to Tokyo. Next week Ivan, Linda and Joseph are coming and the week after Del, Merv, Cav and my Dad. My next few weeks are going to be really busy. I’m trying to get time off work mid Feb to spend with my Dad…but I still don’t know where to take him hehe…

No comments: